FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Aircraft Stowable Tow Bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Gizmos for your Maule (and you)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crhannay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Aircraft Stowable Tow Bars Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can get a tow bar that I can keep in the plane for a Taildragger Maule M7? I do have the Maule Tailwheel.
TxAgfisher
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade to a Scott TW and use a bogi bar from Airframes.
andy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Maule towbar that I bought from Maule Flight during the 2010 rebuild of my MX-7-180. It fits over the leaf spring ahead of the tail wheel housing and works pretty well on a Maule or Scott tail wheel. I'd be willing to sell it. PM me if you're interested.

It's kind of heavy compared to the Bogie Bar that I use with my ABI 3224A tail wheel. It doesn't work quite as easily as the Bogie Bar because it doesn't turn the tail wheel directly like the Bogie Bar does, but it works.

Best alternative if you have a Scott 3200 or ABI 3224A is the Bogie Bar. It's small, light, strong and easy to use. The collapsing handle makes it easy to stow in the airplane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Gizmos for your Maule (and you) All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: