FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Couple of questions on a M-5C rebuild.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brokenaero
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Couple of questions on a M-5C rebuild. Reply with quote

Does the green square transfer pump switches illuminate internally. (mine don't) And I'm putting in the quick change rear seat, however, the airplane is covered so welding is out of the question. With that, there are two welded female threaded bushings on the cargo door side of the fuselage. Is that where the yoke goes to carry the bar to the otherside? It originally came out with the regular bench seat.
Thanks in advance and God bless all of you who have served or are serving for this great country on this INDEPENDENCE! Holiday,
Stinger
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Couple of questions on a M-5C rebuild. Reply with quote

brokenaero wrote:
Does the green square transfer pump switches illuminate internally. (mine don't) And I'm putting in the quick change rear seat, however, the airplane is covered so welding is out of the question. With that, there are two welded female threaded bushings on the cargo door side of the fuselage. Is that where the yoke goes to carry the bar to the otherside? It originally came out with the regular bench seat.
Thanks in advance and God bless all of you who have served or are serving for this great country on this INDEPENDENCE! Holiday,

The green fuel rocker switches illuminate in my MX7. Can't answer your other questions though.
brokenaero
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I need to find out why mine aren't lit.
gbarrier
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably burned out. Replaced ours not long ago. Fairly reasonable from Maule.
stick_rudder
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The threaded pieces might be for rear seat shoulder harness. Anyhow, you will need the drawings from Maule to convert from the rear bench style seat to the sling seat. You can get the drawings in paper form when you order the sling seat parts from Maule or order the parts CD for the M5. I highly recommend you purchase the “quick release” kit for the sling seat. Makes removing the rear seat quick with no tools. I did this on my M4 and love it. Best of luck.
gbarrier
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably burned out. Replaced ours not long ago. Fairly reasonable from Maule.
brokenaero
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all who responded. The lighted transfer switches were new and never did light. Seems unlikely that both would be inop. Might be a wiring issue. I assumed the three wires, were one to do the illumination. But stranger things have happened in aviation.

The two threaded bushings are about 5-6" apart and about 3-4" above the rear cargo door frame. I will try the CD again and see if I can figure it out. I called Maule but apparently someone left the door open and they all escaped for the week.
Laughing
AndrewK
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brokenaero wrote:

The two threaded bushings are about 5-6" apart and about 3-4" above the rear cargo door frame.

My seat bolts up maybe ~2" above the rear cargo door frame, let me know if you'd like exact measurements.

'79 M5.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: