FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fuel Sender Gasket leak

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeavyLoad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject: Fuel Sender Gasket leak Reply with quote

Has anyone used pro seal to replace a fuel sender gasket? Thats what we do on RV's. They stopped using those gaskets years ago cause they always leak.

Cheers.
gbarrier
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the rubber gasket, snug it gently, and you’ll like it a lot. Better when you take it off next time. Usually the old cork ones just need a little snuggling up.
1:1 Scale

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was suggested to me to use a thin layer of fuel lube on both sides of the rubber gaskets when I install my new fuel senders. Obviously, you don't want to risk a big glob of it finding it's way into the tank, so use sparingly.
VA Maule
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proseal is probably too tuff when the time ultimately comes again to get back in, but also being an experimental guy ( RV-8R) I conducted a experiment on various sealants and the affects of avgas, pump gas with and without ethanol, 5606, straight alcohol ( no not the drinking kind) . Other than pro Proseal I found Permitex Ultra Gray to be unaffected. So FWIW Permitex Ultra Gray would be good option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: