FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Flap up lock mechanism removal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMurdoch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject: Flap up lock mechanism removal? Reply with quote

For those of you that have removed your flap up lock mechanism and replaced it with a travel limit cable, how did you reattach the flap cable to the bellcrank.

I know in drawing 2003F it shows the cable attached to the bellcrank with an AN115-16 Shackle but I have two new AN115-16 shackles and they do not have a wide enough gap to accept the bellcrank.

Can anyone send me some pics of their flap bellcrank attachment?

Thanks[/img]
Dale Smith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of getting ready to do the same thing.

Drawing 2003F that i have show the shackles as either item 4 or 50

Item 4 per the drawing is AN115-16
Item 50 per the drawing is 3276-1, the packing slip from maule shows it as 3276A-1. That was the what I ended up with after talking to a gentlemen at maule. I was dirrected to him by Kasey in parts, she was unsure also. i do not remember what his name was.

I stoped by the hanger and checked to make sure the new shackles would work with the new bell cranks that i also ordered and they fit together. It is a snug fit, but they go together with out a problem.

Did not think to measure the gap for you until after I was gone from the hanger though. Dont know if this helps you or not...
gdflys
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem I found was the cable and eye would not fit through the shackle even though the shackle fit the bellcrank. So to do it right you would need to redo the cable. Anyone else find a way around this?
ATP, CFI, A&P/IA
freedom
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can yopu giuys post a photo of this.
thanks
stick_rudder
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a little manipulation of the shackle, it will go through the cable end with the thimble. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Mx, Repair & Technical questions All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: