FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Messages Stuck in Outbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> HOW TOs...Board Status & MX, User Self Help (board related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Young
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Messages Stuck in Outbox Reply with quote

I just realized this morning that in the PM section of this forum, I have several messages stuck in my Outbox. Looks like they never sent, as they do no show up in my Sent box. It’s not all my messages; just a random selection. These go back to 2012 in some cases, though some are very recent.

Any hints on how to get them to send?

If you have sent me a PM and not heard a reply, I apologize. Feel free to write me directly at youngan1@yahoo.com
AndrewK
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong but it almost seems to me like a "read receipt" of sorts. If the recipient hasn't opened it then it stays in the Outbox, once they read it the message moves to the Sent status.
I've had messages sit there for a couple of days, then I receive a response from the recipient and at the same time notice that my message is now in the Sent folder.
Maybe just a coincidence but I'd be glad to test my theory if anyone wants to coordinate.
MauleEnvy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AndrewK wrote:
I could be wrong but it almost seems to me like a "read receipt" of sorts. If the recipient hasn't opened it then it stays in the Outbox, once they read it the message moves to the Sent status.
I've had messages sit there for a couple of days, then I receive a response from the recipient and at the same time notice that my message is now in the Sent folder.
Maybe just a coincidence but I'd be glad to test my theory if anyone wants to coordinate.

This ^^^^ is correct. I've noticed the same thing. Messages stay in outbox and only move to sent once they have been read by recipient.
Andy Young
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh...
That is enlightening. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> HOW TOs...Board Status & MX, User Self Help (board related) All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: