FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Does the Powertow model 35 work for Maules?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Gizmos for your Maule (and you)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plarson622

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Does the Powertow model 35 work for Maules? Reply with quote

Having a hard time pushing my Maule backwards into my hangar by myself. (Slight incline into the hangar). Wondering if anyone can recommend a small tow. I found a used “Powertow 35 electric” for sale, but can’t tell if it works with a Maule. Thanks!
gbarrier
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but might tell us whether you have the Maule or Scott tailwheel?
gbarrier
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but might tell us whether you have the Maule or Scott tailwheel?
Maule-igan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: AERO TOW E200 Reply with quote

I use AERO TOW and love it. Mine is the E200 24V and it has a built in charger. Every 5 or 6 years I change the (2) 12v lawn tractor batteries.
Customer service was Awesome too.

http://www.aero-tow.com/
Arlington Wa
diebroke

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a PowerTow EZ 40 to move my M5 around. It is rated at 6,000 lbs. However it will not work with Maule tailwheel. I have the Alaska Bushwheel ABI 3224 (Scott 3200 replacement) and it works well. You will need the correct adapters.
compassheading

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Power Tow EZ 40 on M-5-235 with scott tailwheel...love it. Yes must have tailwheel adapter rather than nose gear. I think the company is in Idaho a ordered the adapter, company was quick, responsive.
Victor Gennaro
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to use a winch set up in the back of the hangar in the mid line. Drive the
plane in front of the hangar, facing away and use a cable to the tail wheel spring. Hook it up and slowly pull it in. I bought the winch at harbor freight, 1500 pound capacity and it pulled the plane easily.
andy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you're trying to do is pull the airplane up the ramp into the hangar, the electric winch setup is the least expensive. Harbor Freight has them for $155 at https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lbs120v-ac-electric-utility-winch-61672.html. Obviously, you need a solid anchor point to attach the winch in the back of the hangar.

If you need to move the aircraft on the ramp, then you'll need a portable tug like the EZ Tow or Power Tow. I like the electric ones more than the gas powered ones but either type works. I have a gas powered Taildragger Dragger which works okay but is a pain to wiggle under the tail wheel. You have to also pick up the tail with it. If you pull the airplane over grass or gravel, you need a tug that has the weight of the tail wheel to provide traction. In dry conditions, the ones that clamp to the tail wheel axle work great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Gizmos for your Maule (and you) All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: