FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
While at Orcas why not take a ride in a Stanley Steamer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomD
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: While at Orcas why not take a ride in a Stanley Steamer Reply with quote

My wife and I flew into Orcas Island (Eastsound) on Sunday and in front of the Museum "in town" a bright red Stanley Steamer Mountain Wagon was steaming away in front of the Museum.

Turns out one of the 1912 Mountain wagons has been restored by some of the locals and they give rides around the island Wednesday thru Sunday.

It is a a great experience, especially for those steam power buffs among us.

See Orcasislandstanleysteamer.com.

TD
crbnunit
100+ Posts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds really neat! If you ever get to Fairbanks, Alaska, look up the Fountainhead Auto museum. Their oldest is an 1898 Hay Motor Vehicle and I think the newest in in the 30's or 40's.

http://www.fountainheadmuseum.com/

My dad (the car guy) would have loved this place!

There is a cool little air/auto museum just outside of the Grand Canyon as well that was an unexpected bonus on our last trip.

http://www.planesoffame.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MaulePilots.Org Forum Index -> Pilot Lounge All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: