Door Mods

Discussion on keeping your aircraft airworthy and legal and/or any technical topics.

Andy Young
100+ Posts

Post by Andy Young »

I thought for sure that my armrest (mounted to the left door) would be a
minor alteration, but my FSDO disagreed.

mxt180

Post by mxt180 »

I have drawings for seaplane doors for an MXT7-180 with a 337. I suspect that the dimensions on the drawings can be easily altered for any model Maule. What I like about them is in the event of an off-field landing that breaks a strut and drops the wing the door can still be opened. IMHO I think they should be standard equipment. PM me if interested.

Jayson v Schalkwyk
100+ Posts

Post by Jayson v Schalkwyk »

It seems many of the pics that were commented on have since disappeared in to WWW land.

Any chance they can be posted again? I am starting to make decisions on "upgrades" I would like down at the annual in November and observer doors are right up there.
1983 M6-235C

DeltaRomeo
100+ Posts

Post by DeltaRomeo »

This site's server does not support the inclusion of photos in the database so all the photos you see are embedded photos from another source such as flickr, photo bucket, etc using a link that references the source server. If the users account on those servers disables or gets deleted for any reason, the links to those photos become dysfunctional. In this case, Brian no longer participates in this forum, so I think it is as it happens in other forums, too; the photos are gone forever.

Even the web is subject to spongiform encephalopathy. :shock:
M5

MauleMechanic
100+ Posts

Post by MauleMechanic »

I still have a bunch on my computer at home, I will post them if I can remember. I don't visit much. See if these links works

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Curtiss ... AULE/DOORS

http://s44.photobucket.com/user/Curtiss ... TION/MAULE

mxt180

Post by mxt180 »

Still have those seaplane door drawings and 337 - happy to share. PM me with your email address and I'll forward the PDFs. Mike

Chris in Milwaukee
100+ Posts

Post by Chris in Milwaukee »

mxt180 wrote:Still have those seaplane door drawings and 337 - happy to share. PM me with your email address and I'll forward the PDFs. Mike
PM sent. Thanks!

~Chris
Christopher Owens
1993 MX-7-180A
Members: AOPA EAA VAA

StuporRocket
100+ Posts

Post by StuporRocket »

mxt180 wrote:Still have those seaplane door drawings and 337 - happy to share. PM me with your email address and I'll forward the PDFs. Mike
PM sent as well. Thank you for sharing.
Scott@Oglesby.org

"Don't follow me. You won't make it."
PA-12-150
M-7-235