Door Weatherstriping

A catch-all forum for anything remotely related to Maule flying.
wredick

Door Weatherstriping

Post by wredick »

Guys,
I have noticed a lot of air leaking through the doors, especally around the door nail. The weatherstriping looks to be in good shape. Aircraft Spruce has weather striping that is much thicker than what is on the door. Does anyone have any experience using that? What I don't want to happen is for me to tear out the striping that is there only to find out the new is too thick. Also, the floor between the front seats is very cold. Winter is coming and I am trying to get some heat in the cabin.
Thanks,
Bill
William H Redick

maules.com
100+ Posts

Post by maules.com »

Pull the door inner panel off and run a bead of silicone around the door catch barrel.
Ace hardware has all sorts of soft or firm wide or narrow, black or grey, open or closed cell multiple thicknesses of self stick door seal. Get closed cell.
Remove wijnsoort fairing and fully insulate the wing root area from leading edge to behind rear spar attach.
Insulate or tape over or silicone seal the gear leg attach points and insulate oleo floor entry.
Insulate rear cabin bulkhead and also at top and floor areas. The cabin is a low pressure area and sucks cold air from the tailcone.
Jeremy
www.maules.com
Maule AK Worldwide

wredick

Post by wredick »

Thanks Jeremy, your the best!
William H Redick